Friday, July 4, 2008

Very different Vacation


Tuesday morning my Mom was rushed to the hospital by ambulance. I thought she was having a stroke. It turned out not to be and she was checked out for two days and I think we have her on the mend. Needless to say plans changed, we didn't get to the zoo. I stayed with Mom in case she needed something and when she came home I am chief cook and bottle washer. The only good thing about it was I was there to call an ambulance for her.
I forgot the strangest thing that happened that day. kathy and I weere sitting outside the emergency room and a lady and her Mom were walking by. I looked up as she did and we both started screaming. It was my best friend from high school. What are the odds. God does work in mysterious ways. We had breakfast the next day for over 2 hours. I don't think we will lose touch again.
This morning the town next to Mom had a balloon race, my cousin and her family invited me to go with them. 5:00 am was pretty early, but I snuck out without waking anyone and went. It was beautiful. There were 13 balloons including the Energizer Bunny he is taller than the Statue of Liberty. It never could get enough hot air to raise ( yep everyone who knows me is now thing "with you there!". The sky was clear and the most beautiful shade of blue. We went out to eat breakfast after the liftoff. It was fun and I so enjoy my cousin.
I leave for Kentucky tomorrow. It will be good to be home wish I could move my family there.

No comments: