Sunday, February 10, 2008

Let's Continue

OK, it seems as if I have solved the first problem, I think I will continue with the posting. We have lived in the same house for 31 years. I still look out my front window and think how beautiful the view is.

The picture of the sandhill cranes was taken in a neighbors field last week. The cranes fly through our area twice a year, around Thanksgiving and then Spring. I love to hear them and watch them fly over. They roost on the neighbors farm next to ours last weekend I walked out close to them and there must have beem 500 birds. Impressive sight to watch them take flight.

1 comment:

angelinabeadalina said...

Great picture of the cranes, Mari! Did you know I don't think I'd ever happened to be home at the same time as the cranes? This was the first February that I had seen them, and they are really neat to watch! I love standing under them as they fly over and listening to the swoosh-swoosh of the air from their wingbeats.