Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Back

The Saturday after the ice storm our lights went out again for about 8 hours, when they returned our phones didn't. I never realized how much I depend on the Internet. We felt like we were in the 18th century. I would go the the library and check my e-mails or go to Nall's Internet Cafe (Don's), but never got a chance to blog or really enjoy surfing. Mercy Don has his computer hooked to his TV and like the whole world sees you.
The sky was the most perfect color blue in this shot. There was hore frost that morning it left the ice with beautiful sculptures on it. I can't remeber how to spell it but it is rare to see, it is where the frost stands up on objects.
Can you see the buds that formed already? FEMA is helping us all clear our limbs and brush starting next week. Elizabethtown city crews have taken 2500 loads to the land fill and you can not see a dent in the piles.
All and All, despite all the damage we had a good time doing family things. It was wonderful seeing everyone come together and help everyone. We all have become better neighbors for this and it is nice to live in a neighborhood of friends. This is Mic trying to beat me at Scrabble, she is pretty good and we had lots of fun.

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Glad you're back in the virtual world! Glad you didn't have to go without power very long, either! I could hardly believe the pictures of the broken trees in Mother and Pop's yard. I'm sure yours is no different. It's sad, but I am glad that no one got hurt during this whole thing. Tell Miss Mic she's still a cutie!

Auroras_Garden said...

gosh mari, you guys are just now getting electric back for real? Mom who lives near rough river got hers back after 4 or 5 days. She was pretty bored cause all she does is watch TV anymore. My brother read thru his whole comic book collection out of boredom LOL
We never lost electric in Lousiville but my sister in Germantown did. She is close to the center of the city and she was without electric for a while. I lost internet for a few days over a truck taking out the internet cable in front of the house but that was all the hardship we had to endure so we must be blessed or just really darn lucky LOL I spun a lot of yarn without my internet....
Glad to have ya back Mari I been missing you and Rachel like crazy. She is OK too, right? Oh an we need to go get some Indian food soon! Lets work something out! How bout this weekend I have the boys and they hate indian food but they can deal with it...how bout sunday?

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Hey! Looks like we are back in the saddle!!!!! WOO HOO! LOL love ya! Oh I'm in for Indian, but I dont know if I can fit it in this weekend......I'll have to get with Libby....what are your thoughts...give me a ring!
rae