Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas Challenge

Corrine came up with the greatest Team Challenge, making a Christmas ornament. I wanted to make one that would represent my shop but was kinda stuck as to what to do. One day sitting at my messy work table these beads came into view. Well not all together I spied the hollow first then the flower and thought this might work. I played and fiddled most of the afternoon with this idea and am quite pleased with the results.
The sterling chains hold a combination of Swarovski and vintage crystals with seed beads. The first bead is a gorgeous hollow with scroll work echoing the bottom bead. The flower is the perfect top looks very Christmasy with the miliflori center and red petals. All were made by the talented Jill Symons. No really Jill you did make the flower!


It has to be listed in our shops, golly that was the hardest part. I really like this and I hope it doesn't sell. The moral of this whole story is I am glad my work area is a disaster cause I never would have seen any of these to make a finished piece. That is my story and I am sticking with it. Wonder if it will work on the rest of the house?

3 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Mari, I can just see a separate Christmas tree needs to be put up somewhere in your house this year! Don't stop filling the big one with all the Christmas treasures of years past. But add another one, and fill it with those terrific clear glass icicles and a bunch of ornaments like this one...WOWZA, that would be gorgeous in a different kind of way, wouldn't it? This piece of decorating advice freely proffered by the chick who will not ever give up her mismatched collection of ornaments to make a matchy-matchy-elegant tree, LOL :)

Deb said...

Mari - that is simply gorgeous! I love it!
I am such a sucker for nice decorations (afraid to admit I'm a snob too...lol!).

KriskropMemories said...

That is absolutely beautiful, I love the colors, great eye!