Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Retreat

I spent a glorious weekend with 22 of the Ladies from my church. We went down to Diamond Caverns and had a Bible study done by Beth Moore called Loving Well. She is a powerful speaker and really brought a powerful message to us all. The jest of the whole thing is for us to learn to love ourselves before we can begin to love. If you every have the chance to see her or hear her please do. The absolute best part of the weekend was getting to know all the ladies at a different level Here are a few of us waiting for the program to begin. I can't remember laughing as hard as I did this weekend for a long time. We had 6 of us to a room and my roomies were all a perfect fit. There was a Talent or No talent show that left everyone crying from laughing so hard. Why is it we can let our guard down so well when it is just women?? I made Jill's Biscotti recipe. I thought everyone in the world has had Biscotti. Guess what they haven't! After a little convincing they all had a bite. That is all it took. It now looks like that is going to be my Christmas gift to a lot of folks!! Thanks Jill they were wonderful.
Our craft time was making picture frames. Above is the one I made. Ms. Jill again was a great help I brought glass hearts for the frames and my roommates all use one on there frame. Made me feel like she was right there with me, in spirit anyway. That is my niece Mary with me, what so you think is there a family resemblance? Now I guess I need to make Charlie one for Christmas too.

3 comments:

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I'm glad you had fun! Did everyone like their soaps? I'm going to post them on Etsy, will you buy them so I can get some feed back and sales on there? Did you ever put up what I bought, I looked the other day and didnt see them, want to give you the sales and feedback now that I know how! Its good to laugh and let go of worries! I'm jealous you got to see Beth Moore I've been wanting to see her for ages! I hear she is an awesome and encouraging speaker!

angelinabeadalina said...

What a wonderful picture of Mary and Mari in that cute frame! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Corinne Sullivan said...

wow your neice looks just like you!! glad you had a great weekend, you deserve it!!